- To Provide its students with quality education and training in the field of petroleum engineering
- Effective teaching, research, and public service, with emphasis on country petroleum resources.
- to create, preserve, integrate, transfer and apply petroleum and mining engineering knowledge.
- to produce capable future engineers and to enhance the capabilities of current practitioners.
- To be a world-class provider of education and research for the oil and gas industry
- To play a leadership role in providing new technologies in order to increase the petroleum and mining reserves of the country.
Within a few years of study, the Petroleum and Mining Engineering program graduates will be:
- Capable of applying engineering principles and practices for the safe and efficient exploration, development, production, transportation, and management of petroleum and Mining resources.
- Able to demonstrate technical competence and necessary soft skills to advance in their future careers and leadership roles.
- Able to integrate key science and engineering principles to solve daily engineering problems and challenges in a practical environment.
- Oriented to be able to take responsibility for the direction of important tasks and be able to manage people, fund, materials, and equipment.