- To Provide its students with quality education and training in the field of petroleum engineering
- Effective teaching, research and public service, with emphasis on country petroleum resources.
- to create, preserve, integrate, transfer and apply petroleum and mining engineering knowledge.
- to produce capable future engineers and to enhance the capabilities of current practitioners.
- To be a world-class provider of education and research for the oil and gas industry
- To play a leadership role in providing new technologies in order to increase the petroleum and mining reserves of country.