Petroleum & Mining Engineering Department:
The continuous improvement and development of the teaching process of Reservoir engineering, Drilling engineering, Oil & Gas management, Production engineering and environmental engineering, through:
- Continuous review and development of academic plans to achieve market needs.
- Work to increase qualified faculty members and technicians.
- Continue to develop field training in the college laboratories, computer center and in construction sites.
- Promote the application of computers on Petroleum & Mining engineering and to involve computerization of the engineering fields in the Petroleum and Mining engineering department curricula.
Preparing the ground for opening Master program in the dept. by acquiring
- High qualified academic staff.
- Computer center
- Modern classes
Improving scientific research by:
- Cooperation and coordination with local and foreign institutions to provide financial support for Petroleum engineering research, and to promote the long-term exchange of knowledge with them.
- Providing financial material support from the University’s research center.
- Activating the role of graduate students and cooperation in scientific research.
- Ensure the publication of results in journals, symposiums and various workshops.
- Encourage the academic staff to participate in research work in national and international conferences.
Engagement in the local community through:
- Strengthening links with colleges and institutes inside or outside the university.
- Providing special attention to college graduates and help finding jobs through the career office of our university
- Increasing participation in national councils and committees.
- Communicating and interacting with Business firms and cooperate for training students and facilitating research work if needed.