To plan and conduct rigorous research and to disseminate the findings of this research, and to facilitate discovery at the frontiers of science, technology, and consequently to address societal needs.
We have adopted this Mission Statement because we want to:
- Attract and retain the best scientists, staff and students by making every effort to increase the pool of diverse applicants.
- Benefit from a variety of different perspectives in conducting and disseminating the results of our research.
- Increase our potential, effectiveness, and creativity as a research organization by offering the broadest possible range of approaches to addressing issues and solving problems.
- Prepare our students to become leaders in an increasingly multicultural society and world.
To provide the strategic direction and highest quality research support needed to realize the full potential of excellence of Ishik University’s research enterprise.
Ishik University Research Center Values
- We are committed to exceeding the highest ethical standards in all aspects of our work. As such, we expect from ourselves and offer to the public nothing less than honesty, integrity and accountability.
- Promote greater diversity among scientists, staff, and students, including greater gender, racial and ethnic representation at all levels of the organization.
- Foster an environment in which all employees and students are inspired to do their best, strengthened by their different perspectives, backgrounds, and life experiences.
- Ensure that no employee’s or student’s growth, achievement, or advancement is hindered because of race, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, family status, or personal characteristics unrelated to his or her ability to complete job duties or coursework.
- Hold ourselves to a standard of inclusion and opportunity that serves as a model for the rest of Ishik University.
- Promote core values of equal protection, equal opportunity, equal access, and inclusion in all our actions and initiatives.
To accomplish these goals we:
Research Center at Ishik University is in charge of the following activities:
- Organize and host (or co- organizing / co-hosting) scientific research conferences, both national and international, both for students and for academicians
- Monitor and support the involvement of academic staff in research and publication of its results (articles, books)
- Monitor and support the publication of Ishik University social and scientific journals
- Initiate / participate in research projects
- Hold scientific seminars
- Support student research on all (BA, MA and PhD) levels, cooperation of academic staff with students while carrying out research
- Develop cooperation in scientific research with universities, research centers and companies, nationally and internationally
- Purchase equipment and software necessary for research
- Offer MA and PhD degree
Research Center for Social Studies
Ishik University Center for Social Studies plan and conduct rigorous social science research and disseminate the findings of them. The center also aims to train future generations of social scientists.
Research Center for Engineering Studies
Research Center for Engineering Studies fosters a diverse and creative learning environment that will empower students and faculty with the necessary knowledge and facilities to be international leaders in creating new technologies and services that will improve tomorrow’s economy and environment. In the Center for Engineering Studies, there is a strong emphasis placed on research. This research center gives lecturers students a chance to interact with industry professionals. Research done in our centers continually garners international recognition and often leads to new patents and prototypes being created for potential future market use.
Research Center for Health Services
Ishik University Research Center for Health Services support and facilitate global health research conducted by Iraq and international investigators, build partnerships between health research institutions in Iraq and abroad, and train the next generation of scientists to address global health needs.
Research Center for Scientific Activities
Scientific research consists of inquiries, observations and experiments. It attempts to use these to answer questions about what causes various phenomena. It is important to note that scientific research does not provide absolute answers to questions, but instead gives probable answers based on evidence gathered and current knowledge. Ishik University Research Center for Scientific Activities aim to provide a research environment for its lecturers and students to carry out studies that will contribute to science.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Research Center Board of Directors holds a meeting every other week
International Journal of Social Sciences & Educational Studies
European Journal of General Dentistry
- International Conferences and Congresses
- Seminars and Training
- Scientific Field Trips
- Graduate School
- Undergraduate education gives students a broad, general education. Graduate education provides students with more advanced learning in a specialized discipline or sub-discipline.
- Graduate school gives an in-depth understanding such that the student becomes something of an expert in the topic of study.
- A good graduate program also teaches advanced skills in such areas as problem-solving, mathematics, writing, oral presentation, and technology, each as applied to the particular field of study.
Master’s program is an educational program of the second cycle of academic higher education, which covers the elements of scientific research and aims at training the post-bachelor level specialist or researcher, also prepares the persons to pursue professional activities according to acquired qualification.
- Master Programs
Institute of Social sciences
- Business and Management
- English Language Teaching
- Banking and Finance
Institute of Science
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mathematics Teaching
Institute of Medical Sciences
International Conferences Organized by Ishik University
- First international ELT Conference 2010
- Second International Visible Conference on Educational Management and Career, 2011
- Third International Visible Conference on New Trends in Education, 2012
- Fourth Visible Conference on Educational Sciences, 2013
- Fifth International Visible Conference on Foreign Language Teaching and Applied Linguistics, 2014
- First International Conference on Ecology, Energy and Environment, 2014
- First International Engineering Conference on Developments in Civil & Computer Engineering Applications, 2014
Seminars and Training
- Weekly seminars on professional development for lecturers
- “The future of relationship between Kurdistan and Iraq”
- “The fundamental rights and freedom in Kurdistan constitution”
Scientific Field Trips
- Engineering faculty students visit steel company in Erbil