Freiberg University – Summer School – September, 18 – 29, 2017
“Simulation and modeling of technical processes”
Ishik students, Yousif Mahmood Ibrahim and Razhan Shabab Ahmed from Civil Engineering Department, have participated workshop/summer school in Germany.
With the initiative of Dr. Abdulkader Kadauw Representative of Freiberg University to Iraqi Partners and Prof. Dr. Ahmet Oztas Director of IRO at Ishik University, a MoU signed between Freiberg and Ishik Universities. Freiberg University opens its doors not only for exchange program in specific semester, but also for academic and scientific events. Two Ishik students, Yousif Mahmood Ibrahim and Razhan Shabab Ahmed from Civil Engineering Department, have been evaluated and selected among the applicants from Ishik University for this workshop. Expenses of our students (travel cost, accommodation, and living expenses) have been covered by the program. The Program organized within the framework of the Strategic Academic Partnership with Iraq of the Federal Foreign Office and German Academic Exchange Services (DAAD).
We, as Ishik University, congratulate and wish our students success in their life.
Program detailed info is as follows:
The summer school seeks to impart knowledge on mathematical modeling in the fields of mechanical engineering, materials science, Petroleum engineering, civil engineering and process engineering to students of our Iraqi partner universities as well as students of TU Bergakademie Freiberg (TUBAF). The summer school will combine lectures on simulation and modeling in solving specific problems in engineering with laboratory trainings. Both, lecturers of TUBAF and lecturers of Iraqi partner universities will present and discuss different aspects of modelling as well as problem solving strategies. Participants welcomed by Prof. Zeidler at the Institute of Machine Elements, Engineering Design and Manufacturing (IMKF).
Participants of the summer school 2017 during a lecture
- Lectures and presentations
- Introduction to simulation technology: COMSOL, Ansys, Plaxis, Sinumerik, PFC
- Simulation of Super Plastic Materials
- Metal cutting modeling and simulation
- Simulation of single point incremental forming, SPIF
- Evaluation of the residual stresses in advanced manufacturing processes using design of experiment & finite element simulation
- Building strain measuring device based on Arduino microcontroller
- Planning of experiments
- Fuzzy set theory and fuzzy logic
- Simulation in Petroleum engineering
- CAD-System / NX
- CNC lab
- Moulding Sand Testing
- 3D laboratory
- Geotechnical engineering laboratory
- Petroleum engineering laboratory
- VW car production company in Dresden
- research and teaching mine “Reiche Zeche”
- Heliotec company – wind power energy