FACULTY OF EDUCATION
MATHEMATICS EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Program Learning Outcomes
Students will be able to
- Demonstrate an understanding of the common body of knowledge in mathematics.
- Demonstrate an understanding of elementary number theory.
- Demonstrate an ability to connect geometry to other strands of mathematics and use it to solve problems.
- Demonstrate an ability to use methods of proof to prove theorems and verify conjectures.
- Demonstrate an understanding of differential and integral calculus.
- Demonstrates an understanding of pedagogical content knowledge, technology and perfectible assessment.
- Demonstrate the ability to think critically, research scientifically, and become modern and up-to-date.
- Understands the interrelationship of human development, cognition, and culture and their impact on learning.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply analytical and theoretical skills to model and solve mathematical problems.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively use a variety of teaching technologies and techniques and classroom strategies to positively influence student learning.
- Understands how to form connections among educators, families, and the larger community to promote equity and access to education for his/her students.
- Understands assessment and evaluation of student performance and learning and program effectiveness.
Communicates effectively and works collaboratively within the context of a global society.