CONTINUING EDUCATION CENTER
ENGLISH LANGUAGE SCHOOL
Languages School in Ishik University Continuing Education Center is an English language program for those 12 stage students haven’t passed in some subjects yet, they study English language for a year and they will be accepted in the University departments according to their marks of high school.
Language School provides students 525 hours of English Language Course in three terms. (Starter, Elementary, Pre intermediate)
First, students take a placement test then they will put into level classrooms according to their results of the placement test., each student must accomplish 3 levels successfully to get the certificate of success, but if a student doesn’t pass in a level he/she has to repeat the level, and he/she should take summer course so as to finish the last level.
In case of withdrawal;
- If the withdrawal takes place before the course begins, the fee is refunded in full.
- If the withdrawal takes place in the first month, the fee is cut for a month. The rest is refunded.
- For any other cases, the course tuition fee is not refundable.
There are 3 terms in the course.
1st term commences on November 08, 2016 and concludes on December 23, 2016
2nd term commences on November 08, 2016 and concludes on December 23, 2016
3rd term commences on November 08, 2016 and concludes on December 23, 2016
Course Days and Attendance Policy
- Students should be in school by 8:50 AM. Regular dismissal time is 13:30 PM.
- The classes commence on Sundays and conclude on Thursdays. Fridays are considered as holidays.
- Because of the time limit of the program, students are supposed to come to lessons on some Saturdays or/and in some public holidays.
|1st||09:00 – 09:45|
|2nd||09:55 – 10:40|
|Break||10:40 – 10:50|
|3rd||10:50 – 11:35|
|Break||11:35 – 11:45|
|4rd||11:45 – 12:30|
|Break||12:30 – 12:40|
|5th||12:40 – 13:25|
- A students must attend to the classes regularly according to the timetable.
- A student must attend at least 85% of class hours in total to take Attendance Certificate
- The total number of hours from absences, tardiness, and leaving classes early must not exceed more than 15%.
- School Administration of Continuing Education Center accepts the following permissions:
- Being sick (each permission will be accepted for a week in a condition the report must be written by the doctor and signed).
- Illness or dying a family member.
- If the teachers starts the lesson, the late comers won’t be accepted in to the class.
- Students must be in the class on time and they have to carry all necessities (books, pens, pencils, notebooks ….etc.) the teacher has right not to accept the students who doesn’t bring any of these or he/she can cut marks from weekly evaluation.
At the end of the program, school gives two certificates to the student who has accomplished the conditions.
- A student must get the average of 60 out of 100 to be qualified to take a Success Certificate, but if a student doesn’t pass, he/she will only get the Attendance Certificate.
- Being absent will affect the student to be passed.
- If a student has absentees for more than 26 class hours, he/she can’t take the final exam.
- When the students enter the class, they put the mobile on silent mode or off.
- Making phone calls, text messaging, playing games and using internet is not allowed in the classroom during the lesson.
- Students are expected to take exams at the times scheduled by the teacher and administration.
- Throughout the course, students are asked to sit Weekly Tests.
- Each will take Level Final Exam after finishing each level.
- A student must get (60) out of (100) to be passed in the exam.
- Each student will give a report every week about his/her participation of the week and get it via an email, so the students has to be aware of the email.
- Weekly Grading:
Attendance (10%) Participation (20%) + Weekly Story (10%) + Weekly Tests (60%)
One of the most important aspects of education is discipline, which should eventually be internalized. Discipline is the training that develops self-control, orderliness, efficiency and character. Basic to all discipline is the principal of respect – respect for one’s self, for others and for everyone.
In order to form proper habits and attitudes, the following ruled for good conducts are expected to be obeyed by every student:
- Respect for all faculty members, peers and teachers regardless of ethnicity, religion or gender.
- Behave appropriately to his/her teachers, staff, friends and other people.
- Courtesy and consideration for all members of the school community.
- Smoking, drinking and drug possession is strongly prohibited.
- Possessing any kind of weapons when in school is strongly prohibited.
- In addition to what is mentioned above, anything that breaches the cultural norms and the Constitutional Law of the country is prohibited.
Use of School Facilities Policy
- Language School Students are allowed to use Computer rooms, Libraries and the other school facilities submitting their ID Cards.
- Students are not allowed to harm any property inside or outside the school. Getting involved with others in such destructive behavior is prohibited.
- If a student does harm to another student, person, school property and building, the full responsibility of the action and damage has to be taken by that particular student.
- All necessary materials and books should be brought to school according to the school timetable.
- Students must keep textbooks and notebooks with themselves when they leave school.
- Teachers may assign homework; it is the student’s responsibility to fulfill these assignments.
- Assignments mark may directly influence student’s annual score.
- Guests are not allowed to enter the lecture.
- Official announcements are made via notice boards, e-mails, short messages and telephone calls. In all cases students are considered to be informed.
- Students who disobey the regulations (also including: attendance and scores) of the school, will be punished with warning verbally for the first time, in writing for the second time, and finally his/her family will be apprised for the third time.
- In a case that a student want to withdraw from the program we will inform his/her family.
- In the case of a further recurrence of the same or similar manners, the students will be punished with expulsion from IUCEC – English Language School.
I have read and agree to comply with the above regulations.
Name of student ：__________________________________________________________________
Signature of Student ：Date：_______/ _______/_________
1,065 total views, 5 views today